Updated: May 30, 2019
The use of a drum or pail unloader can offer the following benefits:
- Reduces the operator handling of the adhesive: For 100 lb per hour consumption operators will spend a total of 10 minutes every five hours removing and inserting a drum versus 5 minutes every hour for the manual filling of 100 lbs from four 25lb. boxes or 2 50 lb. boxes.
- Reduces operator liability: Potential contact with molten adhesive will be minimized.
- Reduces fuming of adhesive: This improves the plant air quality.
- Cleaner manufacturing plant: Residuals from adhesive fuming do not build up on all surfaces.
- Reduces the price of hot melt in drum form.
- Reduces contamination of hot melt through manual filling as dust, dirt, and liners get in with the adhesive.
- Reduces the degradation of hot melt with lower processing temperatures. Drum unloaders can process and transfer hot melts easily at below 300° F.
For more information call 1(888) 202-2468 or email us.