SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
CHAMP™ STICK WHITE STICK GLUEHigh Performance Hot Melt Adhesive Stick for Packaging and Product Assembly View Product
Champ™ Stick Yellow 15 Stick Glue 25lbsHigh Performance Hot Melt Adhesive Stick for Packaging and Product Assembly View Product
G25A77-003 - Champ Stick Glue - Packaging - YellowYellow colored **1/2" hot melt adhesive stick often used for box forming and carton sealing as well as a range of pro... View Product
G25A77-002 - Champ Stick Glue - ClearClear **1/2" general purpose hot melt adhesive for plastic, wood, and paper. View Product
Glue Sticks for a Wide Range of Industries
Because of their versatility and ability to quickly create a strong bond between two substrates, hot melt glue sticks are often the adhesive of choice in a variety of industries, including:
- Woodworking and cabinet making
- Furniture assembly and upholstery
- Product assembly
Applications and Materials Ideal for Hot Melt Glue Sticks
If you’re looking to create a bond between two relatively similar materials, hot melt glue sticks may be an ideal solution. Perfect for situations where the glue bond needs to be stronger than the materials and where a solid glue line is not an option, hot melt glue is good when you’re working with materials that are porous or fibrous, including:
- Wood (untreated)
Hot Melt Glue Stick Benefits
When compared to other industrial adhesives, hot melt glue sticks offer a number of benefits including:
- Easy to store: Because it’s solid at room temperature and doesn’t get “sticky” until exposed to heat, hot melt glue sticks are easy to store for later use.
- Cost-effective: Once you determine your ideal hot melt pattern and application, you can purchase glue sticks in bulk and enjoy even greater cost savings.
- Available in a variety of formulations: Select a hot melt formulation that gives you the set time and other properties necessary for your specific application.
- Impressive bond quality: Hot melt glues provide strong bonds that perform well over time.
When to Choose Something Other than Hot Melt Glue Sticks
Though hot melt glue sticks are highly versatile, making them ideal adhesives for many applications, there are other situations where alternative adhesives should be considered. Specifically:
- When working with extremely dissimilar substrates: Hot melt glue works extremely well when working with similar substrates, like uncoated paper and cardboard. However, if you are trying to adhere fabric to metal or treated wood to brick, you will want to explore other adhesive options, as hot melts won’t be able to provide the bond you need.
- When the end product may be exposed to extremely high temperatures: Will your end product be used in a Texas attic or under the hood of a car where temperatures can be expected to skyrocket? If so, choose another adhesive — or at least confirm that the hot melt glue you’ve selected can withstand the heat.
- When the end product may be exposed to extremely low temperatures: Similar to the above, some hot melt glues can become brittle and experience bond failure when faced with colder-than-anticipated temps. Choose another adhesive if your product will be used in an extremely cold environment.
- When working on exterior projects: Hot melt glues are great for projects that will be indoors, but they simply aren’t built to withstand daily exposure to the elements — humidity, sunlight, rain, etc. For projects that will be outside, choose an adhesive that can stand up to harsh environment — or consider mechanical fasteners.
Industrial Hot Melt Sticks
Need an adhesive that is not listed on this page? Glue Machinery Corporation™ has a huge selection of adhesives available. If you do not find what you are looking for, contact us at 1-888-202-2468 or use the contact form below to discuss your specific needs.